18 December 2008

J'attends

this is a poem my son memorized for his class. i am really amazed on how good he is in french (well...im not) but when i read it too somehow i understood this one and i thought of sharing this to you. short translation after it.

j'attends la pluie
dit le désert
j'attends la paix
dit le soldat
j'attends demain
dit aujourd'hui
j'attends la nuit
dit la luciole
moi aussi dit l'astronome
moi aussi dit l'étoile
j'attends le vent
dit la fleur de pissenlit
moi aussi dit l'oiseau
j'attends mon heure
dit le prisonnier
moi aussi dit la liberté
j'attends la paix
dit le soldat
tu l'as déja dit je sais dit le soldat
j'attends un enfant
dit la mére
j'attends tout
dit l'enfant.

-hubert minagarelli

'i wait for the rain, says the desert
i wait for the peace, says the soldier
i wait for tomorrow, says today
i wait for the night, says the firefly
me, too, says the astronomer
me, too, says the star
i wait for the wind, says the flower
me, too, says the bird
i wait for my hour, says the prisoner
me, too, says liberty
i wait for the peace, says the soldier
you already said it,
i know says the soldier
i wait for a baby, says the mother
i wait for everything, says the baby

... my son has to help me with the translation too!! hehehe

No comments: