03 November 2009

WEEK 44: november 1...

when i woke up i called my family in batangas (philippines). my sister and her family, and my brother with her kids all went home. they all visited my dad in the cemetery. i remember when i was younger, i look forward to november 1 and 2. whenever we visit the cemetery i would see some relatives that i rarely see,and some old friends visiting their realtives too. back then i would just pray and talk to my grandmother (the mother of my dad) and my brother (the one before me who died when he was just a baby). but this time it would have been totally different because of dad. i really miss my dad... and i wasn't able to visit him. i just prayed for my dad when we heard mass. i love you, dad.

well, we just stayed home. it was raining the whole day. i just took pictures from inside the apartment:

leaves all over the side walk. i guess most of the people stayed at home because of the weather, the leaves on the sidewalk seemed undisturbed.

this is the vintage car of the old lady who lives in our building. she is a very sweet lady who speaks very well english but there are times when i think she forgets that i don't really understand french and she would still talk to me in french eventhough we have conversed in english one time.

the bare trees in front of our apartment... well.. almost bare.

3 comments:

Donna G. said...

I know this is a difficult time for you, Girlie. It must be bittersweet to know he's no longer suffering but to miss his presence on earth so much. {{Hugs!}}

bentonflocke said...

many hugs I know these times - as you know I lost my dad, too - years ago!

Beautiful autumn pictures - love the surroundings of your town!

merce said...

nice shot of the leaves.

fall always makes me sad. i think its the season i dislike the most?

cool car.