04 April 2011

26 MARCH 2011: day 85 (week 12)

i attended my first in-class driving lesson... 4 hours of class session!!! so basically that was my whole afternoon.


we had dinner at kuya ed's place!
then we did the EARTH HOUR. lights off for an hour-- 8:30 - 9:30. the kids were all excited and bit scared. we played boggle the whole time.



i tried to explain to my kids what EARTH HOUR was all about. we just had to sacrifice the use of energy/electricity for an hour. they had this 'what-will-we-do?' written all over their faces. and i said, 'it will only be for an hour!'. well, kids nowadays are so used to having the convenience of just switcing on the light anytime they want, going on-line anytime they please, and turning on the faucet and water just flows (you even have the choice of hot or cold!). i told them stories when i was a child when we experienced no electricity for days and even weeks because of typhoon. and no water on the faucet so my brothers would get from someplace else and we should not be wasteful of the water. my kids were looking at me with disbelief...hahaha. i felt like i came from the stone age! that reminds of the time my parents told me stories about their childhood. anyway, i just hope my kids get learn the value of being thrifty and frugal.

2 comments:

Donna G. said...

Girlie, are you taking the driving class to get your license in Canada, or because you've never had driving lessons? Either way, I hope you do well! Being able to drive comes in handy. =)

bentonflocke said...

all my fingers crossed for your driving class!
How long does it need until finishing and to get the licence?

never heard about the earth hour but it sounds interesting!!