26 June 2009

MY THOUGHTS....

so i am writing another post again...
me and the kids are counting the days til we fly home to the philippines. we are looking forward to spending time with our family there....and spending time with my dad. early this year my dad is diagnosed with bone cancer and during that time the doctors said it was really serious. my dad was given 2 months. i immediately flew home (sofia came with me) to be with my dad. even my brother from canada went home. it was actually a happy get-together!!! my dad was happy to see all of us. we stayed there for a month...my dad became better. after a month vacation was over. we left dad in a better shape...and things got better as months passed by.
just last week, news came from my brother and sister in the philippines. my dad's situation is not good...and the doctors said he may have only 2 weeks (but of course we don't want to believe that!!!). this is actually the second week from the time the doctors checked him, and so far my dad is holding on. me and kids will be flying home on july 5. and i am just praying that my kids will get to spend time with my dad.
sometimes i don't know what to pray for...what to ask from God. this situation is not just about my dad,..it is also about my mom and the whole family. are we ready? are we prepared?...can we handle it if it happens? i really don't know.
i wish i know exactly what dad is going through... if he is scared, if he is ready...if he is contented...if he is happy. and then i think of my mom. how is she handling all of these?
as for the moment... i am just lookingn forward to seeing them all and spending time with them in the philippines.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs and prayers for you as you travel.

Keep us posted.

bentonflocke said...

I´ll pray for you and your dad!

Hope your trip to the Phillipines will get well!

Many Hugs!!

gabs said...

I am praying as well! hugs to you

Erika said...

I'm so sorry for the hard times on your family. I wish you all the best, and that your children get to meet with their grandfather. Hugs!