16 July 2009

WEEK 29: 13 - 14 july 2009

14 july 2009
typical mornings for my mom and dad. my dad can barely walk on his own but he loves walking around the house. he is really getting weaker by the day, but he doesn't want to just sit down and rest. and at night he refuses to sleep! he still walks around! but he closes his eyes every step like he is fallling asleep..but he would say he is not sleepy. i really don't know why he doesn't want to sleep. my mom is trying to keep up but i know she is really tired too.

13 july 2009
since i arrived here, it has been raining almost every afternoon. i missed this season...you can hear the rain pouring and you just sit on a couch and drink hot tea. i find comfort in that. but it is really not nice if you have to go to school or work. by the time you reach the office or school, you are soaking wet! i experienced that. those were the days...

our front gate with the yellow bells (i think..but you can correct me if im wrong!) that my mom planted. i love how it arched over our gate.

sofia trying on my glasses...hahaha!

2 comments:

bentonflocke said...

funny shot with the glasses!!

To hear the pouring down rain, sitting on the couch with hot tea is beautiful, if you hadn´t go to work.

I pray for your Dad!

merce said...

wow.. nice shot of mommy and dad. i miss them.

yes the rain is a pain sometimes but every since dad passed it kinda gave me a whole new perspective on the whole rain thing. i like the rain now. i find some comfort in it somehow.

mommy's gate... a sign up the street that we are almost home.

sofia's so cute!!