12 May 2010

07 May 2010: DAY 127 (WEEK 19)

it has been a wonderful week -- green everywhere now and the temperature is starting to go up. this spring is a very special spring for me... this is the last spring in paris that i will witness. when you know you might not see something again, you tend to look at it differently... more meaningfully.
and as i take this photo of rue mirabeau outside my window, i remember all the season i have seen it in, it becomes more than just a street for me. and i am glad that the last memory i will have of this street is filled with green and life.

took another photo of my 'petit jardin' (little garden). more buds are now showing! maria has volunteered to take care of them. i don't know when she will pick them up but i know it will be soon... so i am enjoying every single day that i see it outside my window.

2 comments:

bentonflocke said...

I can relive your feelings so much. It´s just a bit I felt over my four days in Paris - knowing - I might never see it again - But sure the same I felt after my mother passed away and I had to resolve their appartement.

Erika said...

Aw, spring in Paris is supposed to be fantastic, hope I got to see it someday. I'm happy to see you flowers blooming after the long cold winter. They are just lovely.