01 December 2010

24 November 2010: DAY 328 (WEEK 48)

after rafael and isabelle left for school, we got ready to go to the airport. it felt odd travelling without nitz and the kids... but i couldn't deny the excitement.oh...wait wait wait...you must be wondering why i am going alone..?!!! let me explain --

last august, i got in touch with my friend in LA. i haven't seen her for a long time and she invited me over. i asked nitz if i could have some time for myself and i mentioned that my friend was inviting me over for a couple of days (but of course the invitation was for my whole family and i did tell nitz that we were all invited. we have all been to LA in 2007 so i suggested if this time i could go alone). without second thoughts, nitz said YES. at first i couldn't believe that he was letting me go...but then he explained that he understands that i need a break (from the house and the kids). so there it was... my vacation was approved! but no date yet.
in october, nitz and i discussed about my vacation again and he asked me when i wanted to go. we agreed that it would be better that i leave when he comes back from paris so he could look after the kids. after we finalized the dates, nitz booked my ticket right away...

so back to the story-

when we got to the airport, we looked for the place to drop off my luggage. it was then that i felt a little panic inside. i never travelled alone!!! i just hope i don't get lost in the airport..hahaha
after depositing my luggage and passing through immigration and security check...and after the long wait to board, i was finally seated inside the plane.


i was impressed with the plane! it has individual tv screen/monitor for each passenger! it would have been better if it was working. well, it did work during the first hour of our flight but after that they experienced techinical problems. so i just tried to sleep for the whole 5 hour flight.(but i got a voucher for my next flight!!!)


finally at LAX! we landed later than expected, i was worried that my friends have been waiting for a long time. but when i went out, i could not find them. so i just waited. i don't have a phone with me, didn't really bother to bring one (or should i..?). i was thinking if i really need to call them, i could use the payphone. and that's what i did after waiting for more than half an hour. i made sure i have coins with me. i got to talk to them and they got caught in traffic that was why they were later.


after picking me up at the airport, we were driving straight to las vegas (!!!!) but we stopped at chili's for dinner.


and another (last) stop at starbucks for coffee...


finally arrived at our hotel in vegas!



first night away from home.

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

like the result of you new hair!
And I´m so happy for you, that you could enjoy this vacation!
What an adventure for you