30 June 2010

13 June 2010: DAY 164 (WEEK 24)

at 6 in the morning we were all ready at the ground floor of our apartment waiting for our taxi. all our luggages were ready too. i felt sad when i shut our apartment door closed for the last time... that was it. my heart felt so heavy but i tried not to cry..i did't want to my kids to see me crying.

our taxi arrive very late (an hour late!!!!) but we had enough time. as we drove through the streets of paris, i felt tears falling down my cheeks. deep inside i said goodbye to all those familiar streets...and houses.. and stores that i have learned to love, goodbye to all these places that have been part of my life for 5 years... goodbye to paris.
we checked-in in time. and shortly , they called us for boarding.

i was glad to see the kids enjoying the plane ride.

it was quite a long flight...

when we landed, the crew was kind enough to let us have a peek at the cockpit. isabelle was a bit scared but she stood still for one photo.

and .... welcome to canada!!!

after immigration and customs, we waited for my brother to pick us up.

and here they are with open arms... our new home -- canada.

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

the flight in your new life!

I can feel with you...thinking of the taxi drive... Sure these were hard minutes/hours for you leaving Paris and your last 5 years.

I pray for you and your family that you´ll be happy, too in Canada!