11 June 2010

just a few words before i leave PARIS....

today is actually 12 june 2010 (time 00:30). i am still awake and trying to update my blog. i realized i cannot finish posting everything up to this very day, so i decided to just write something else...

this is my last full day in paris! i have so many things lined up for the day: pack, pack, pack!!!, buy the perfumes my sister-in-law asked, buy rafael the book i promised, visit the eiffel tower with the kids (my friend gave us free tickets!!!), move nitz stuff to his new apartment, clean up the house, and attend mass. i am not sure if i can go everything but i will try my best. the whole day yestercay my left achilles tendon was hurting. i went to my doctor-friend to have it checked late that night. she said i was overworking my left foot causing some raptures on my tendon. she gave me some medicine and wrapped my foot for support. with a bad foot and a long list of 'to-do' today i don't know how i can make everything work. anyway, i just have to do what can be done.

it is raining hard this very minute while i write this post... maybe paris is feeling sad because we are leaving (i sure am starting to feel sad...). me and nitz have been married for almost 8 years now and most of our married life is spent in paris!! from the very start i know this assignment is just for a couple of years and i have been telling myself it will end sometime. now is the end... and it is a bit painful to say that it is over. i have learned to love paris, its beauty and glamour and... imperfection!!! i have to admit it is not a perfect city but what city is????? but i have to say of all the cities i've been, i love paris the most. (maybe i'm a little bias because i lived here for 5 years..hahaha).
i am so blessed to have been given 5 years in this 'dream-like' city...with my family... in the 16th (!!!)..in a beautiful apartment... near the eiffel tower!! it has been a wonderful adventure, and i loved every day of it.

later today a friend will get this computer that we are using...and the internet will be cut. our only connection probably is nitz iphone. so let me just take this chance to post this while 'i am still in paris'. i want to remember this moment...

au revoir PARIS!

a bientot...

p.s.
i will update my blog as soon as get connection in canada.

4 comments:

Donna G. said...

I am sad to see you leave, too. I will miss your Paris photos, but I know your blog will be just as good coming from Vancouver.

Have you read this book:
http://www.amazon.com/France-Movie-Random-House-Books/dp/0307474852/ref=pd_sim_b_1
(Doesn't appear to be a hot link; you may need to cut and paste it into your Internet browser.)

It's the biography of Julia Child that the movie Julie and Julia was based on. Julia lived for several years in Paris, too. You would enjoy reading her experiences.

Take care and have save travels!

bentonflocke said...

let me give you a big hug - I know so much what you are feeling and why you are sad. A little bit like that is this what I felt, leaving Paris and you after only 4 days.

Once again, I wish you all the best for your new life in Canada, my thoughts and prayers are each day with you - hoping everything will turn out good for you and your family and so much hoping, that we´ll see us again

Now I´m sad again and I say goodbye with tears in my eyes.

Take care of you I miss you so much

gabs said...

oh girly,I am sad with you. I feel your sadness but I know you will have a good new start in vancouver! so glad to know you will be back soon! hugs to you and all the best for your new start!

Erika said...

I hope you are doing fine in Canada, and that you are starting to settle in your new home.

The last days in Paris seems very busy from your photos, but who wouldn't had wanted to see as much as possible of such a fantastic city. I've never been there, but hope I'll have the chance sometimes.

Take care and hope to see you soon in the blog world! =)