14 May 2009

WEEK 20: may 11 - 13

13 may 2009
I brought the kids to the doctor for their check up. They have been coughing and sneezing and they are not getting any better. The visit didn’t really go smoothly. Our pediatrician now doesn’t speak English (the first one knew how to speak English but he passed away last December…well he is old). All his patients are now handled by this new doctor. This is not our first meeting with her but during the first one, my dh was there to talk to her (my dh is fluent in French now). When we asked for an appointment for the soonest time available, nitz (my hubby) informed me that he won’t be available for that time and day but I insisted on going. I said I would just ask Rafael to translate. So there we were at the doctor’s office and Rafael did try to translate. But it wasn’t that easy for him too. Oftentimes he didn’t know what the doctor was trying to say or what she meant. Sigh…… it was difficult. Anyway, I did get the prescriptions we needed; I just clarified in the pharmacy (with a pharmacist who speaks English) how to give them. I hate myself for not learning how to speak French… well, I do understand and I can speak a little. But during these times, I wished I studied more. I guess it is too late for regrets. Next time I have to have nitz with me or I should find another pediatrician…an English-speaking one.
I guess the following 6-10 day will be focused on medication!!

when i went out to buy the medicines (that you see above), i saw this bus!! old buses of paris and still working!! they let them run once in awhile and it is nice to see them. i did get to ride that one time before, a little difficult to get on though because it is a bit high but it was a cool ride... and its free!!

on the lighter side... on our way home we passed by a street market and bought some cherries!! still expensive now but i wanted my mom-in-law to taste some before she go(on saturday).

12 may 2009
on my way to pick up the kids, i am trying to find something interesting to photograph. then i noticed these skooter bikes. from the house to the school and back i did capture 7 different colors of this bike!!

11 may 2009
i am really touched with what my niece sent me for mothers’ day. it was a beautiful card!!!... well, actually a ‘certificate’.
it was really so nice of here to take the time to remember me and send me something special.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fab photos - especially the scooters one. Great bus too.

I dream of the french cherries - they remind me of camping holidays in France as a teenager!

merce said...

stop hating yourself for not speaking french. think of it this way, if you ever move to russia or zimbabwe... get crackin on studying the language! HAHA
im sorry the kids are sick. thats a while lot of meds. cool that its in french too!
thats ONE COOL bus. we need to ride that. or atleast get a pic of me near it. =)
i love cherries and your basket looks nice. so did mama marie like them?
wow.. a lot of people own the motorcycle in your neighborhood? neat colors though. i love it!
im glad you liked my card =)
ok gotta go to work. i hope the kids feel better soon. update me. xo.

Erika said...

Beautiful pictures! The one with the scooters are so cool, and the cherries looks delicious.

Hope you all get well soon!

Anonymous said...

hindi ko mabasa yung mga nakasulat sa woman of theyear. maliliit ang letters. pero try ko pa rin basahin

kuya val

gabs said...

I wanna have some cherries immediately now LOL hope your kids are doing better soon and thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog - really appreciated! have a wonderful weekend!