03 March 2009

a time for my family... PART 1

so finally i finished a couple of layouts and i want to share them with you. just work your way up... or whichever way you want. you'll figure it out eventually.

More people came the following week. Fr. Jonas came and brought us some goodies (really yummy!!). Tita Esther and Tita Adela also surprised us one morning!! Oh they were really sweet to see me and my family.They made my dad laugh. Another old friend of my siblings dropped by, her name is Emy.
The highlight of this week was our visit to a famous church in Lucban, Quezon. It is quite far, 3-hour drive actually. We attended a healing mass of Fr. Faller.


Another sister of my dad, Auntie Esther also came that week. My cousin Jesselyn (daughter of my dad’s sister who passed away) visited with her nephew who just got married. Our family friend in Paris who is now assigned in the Philippines, Ferdie, came with his family. My in-laws also came!!


We were really surprised with all the friends and relatives who came to visit us. My aunt (from Mindoro whom I haven’t seen for the longest time) came with her husband , daughter and son-in-law. My dad was really happy to see his sister. Then late that night my Lolo Simeon, Tita Charity, Lola Loring, Tito Rudy and his wife with their sons Sherwin and Joseph all came to see dad. Dad and his uncle, Lolo Simeon had a really nice talk. My good friend from elementary, Fr. Russel Matuloy was kind enough to see us in such short notice. Some good old friends of my brothers and sisters also drop by every now and then to spend time with us.


the following day we ‘the girls’ went out for a make over, i needed a proper haircut and my mom wanted to color her hair. but we all ended up having our hair cut. then we had our first family dinner that night. i couldn't remember the last time we were complete on a dinner table. it was definitely something to remember.
then we went home to batangas, my dad insisted of going home (to our batangas house). and we just played madyong all the time. and every weekend the rest of the family would all go to batangas and just spend time together.



the day i arrived...the first thing i noticed --- it was very hot (gosh..what do i expect!!). too bad i was still wearing my turleneck shirt. and because my hands were loaded (carrying sofia and my hand bag plus my heavy back pack) i had to wear my trench coat. anyway, i manage to come out of the airport alive (hehehe) and my niece jake was waiting for us outside. so happy to see her.
it was a short drive from the airport to their house in san lorenzo village (makati). i was so happy to see my dad. he got thinner but still very jolly (that's what i love about my dad). after resting for awhile, we started ‘videoke’ right away!! it was really nice to be home..

No comments: