04 March 2009

a time for my family - PART 3

Last February 11 we celebrated dad's 78th birthday. It was difficult to find a gift for him so we decided to give him something that we made. We designed matching shirts for mommy and daddy that say they are the BEST grandparents. And we gave them a photo of the most recent picture of them with all the grandchildren present in the philippines. I really hope we made mom and dad happy.

I celebrated my birthday in the Philippines. I missed my husband and my kids but my celebration was still very memorable. We had an appointment with my dad's doctor that day and we(me and the rest of my siblings) all wanted to hear from the doctor what the real health conditon of daddy and so we can all ask questions directly. Anyway, while we were waiting outside the doctors' office, we were joking and laughing!! You would not even imagine that we were there because our dad has cancer. I know it was not really good news but we were just happy being together and besides we have decided we will just make the most with our remaining days with dad! But of course after the meeting with the doctor, we were quiet. Then we still went out to celebrate my birthday. I will never forget my 34th birthday celebration when I am with all my brothers and sister.

2 comments:

gabs-art said...

your pages are wonderful! thank you so much for sharing!

bentonflocke said...

I´m the first time here on your blog, but not the last time.... your pages are so fantastic... really great!!