26 August 2009

WEEK 30: july 20-22...


july 20...that evening i was busy packing all our stuff because we were going to manila the following day. nitz was arriving from paris. we planned to stay in manila for a couple of days because we needed to (1) renew our passports, (2) submit/finalize the documents needed for our canada immigration application and (3) spend time with my in-laws.
it was almost midnight when my dad came out of his bedroom and asked me to take some pictures of him. it was the very first time that i saw him smile!! he was full of energy and really happy!! he wore a nice polo shirt and i started taking photos of him with the kids and with my mom. that time i was playing some music, it was the cd of westlife... i was surprised that my dad started dancing!!! i ran for my video and recorded it!! then he requested if we could play a tango tune so he and mom could dance. and they did dance... tango then cha-cha!! and before he went to bed, he picked-up and carried isabelle.it was really one amazing night!! i had been there since july 9 but that night was the very first night that my dad was really happy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss - the lovely memories of this happy time with your Dad will be all the more special now.

Hugs :)

bentonflocke said...

these are so very special moments you´ll never forget also your children!! I´m so glad that you could have these wonderful evening!!

Tears are running over my face whilst I´m writing this. I´m so sorry for your loss and it reminds me at mine

gabs said...

so happy you could share all those wonderful moments with your dad and family! thank you so much for sharing those private moments.
thinking of you,
gabs

merce said...

i remember this night. we even had videos of us dancing with dad. my last dance with him was that westlife song... hehehe. what a night. im really grateful that you are such a picture addict. you really did capture plenty of memories and i think that the whole family is grateful for it... even though i know they dont tell you enough.. i know that they appreciate your efforts in preserving these priceless memories captured in your shots.