28 August 2009

WEEK 31: 1 august 1... final goodbye

my mom had been really strong about my dad's passing, but that day it was hard to see her broke down. it was difficult enough for me to say goodbye to my father, how much more it is for my mom who was with him for almost 47 years?!! i couldn't imagine the pain.

we walked my dad from the house to the church. the rain was pouring really had that day...

we celebrated our last mass with dad....

then all family and friends bid our final goodbyes. the pain was just unbearable.. it seemed as though our tears weren't enough to express it. as our teared poured, we held each other tight. we knew we had to say goodbye and we understood that dad is now in a better...but we never really imagined that it could hurt so bad.

....goodbye, dad. we love you.

then we walked my dad from the church to his final resting place.

3 comments:

bentonflocke said...

I´m so sorry and I can imagine your pain and how hard that day was... as I now how it was at the final goodbye of my daughter...

...sorry, tears are running over my face again... it´s always hard also after 10 years

Your post and your pictures are full of love and closeness

Many hugs and all my thoughts and prayers for you

Erika said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! It looks like it was a very beautiful and loving good bye to your father. I wish you strength.

Anonymous said...

mahirap tanggapin na daddalhin namin ang daddy sa cemetery ang sakit hindi ko maipaliwanag ang feeling nung araw na yun. daddy i miss so much and i love you. yun nga lang wala na sya but im sure alam nya . kahit late na nas abi ko yun
again i lopve you dad