26 August 2009

WEEK 31:j uly 27-29....

27 july: we left antipolo early monday morning and dropped by the house of my sister. since it was almost lunch time when we got there, we decided to treat the kids for pizza. you can see 2 extra large pizzas for all of us!! but just before lunch nitz played basketball with my 2 'grown-up' nephews!! it was the first time they got to play ball. then after lunch, the kids had a wonderful bath in my sisters big tub. we really had fun that day!


left my sister's house a little past 3pm. since it was a monday, we thought at that time that our travel would be traffice-free. but you could not imagine we got stuck at south superhighway for 8 hours!!! it took us almost 12 hours to get to batangas when usually you can take it for 2 hours.

28 july:it was almost 4am when we got to batangas. my mom was still awake watching over my dad. i was surprised to see my dad lying down, his breathing has long intervals. he wasn’t looking good. i didn’t know the situation was bad...i guess they didn’t want to alarm me while we were in manila. i had to put the kids to bed, we were all very tired from the 12 hour trip. at around 6am, michelle woke me up to tell me dad was almost gone. i immediately woke up, went to my dad. i still caught him with a little heartbeat...til everything stopped. there it was, my dad was gone. i was in shock!! somewhere in my mind i knew my dad was gone but i didn't know why the feeling was 'empty'. i just stared at my dad..hoping for....i really didn't know what i was hoping for. my sister with her family arrived right away, then my brother followed. then i felt it...my dad was gone. we cried together.

29 july: second day...the house was different. well of course there was the wake... but i mean dad was gone but not really. ok, i may be confusing you a bit. i apologize. but what i want to say is, it felt peaceful. i didn't feel pain.
more friends and relatives arrived that day and we were very grateful for their presence and support.

here is my layout for the first part of week 31..

3 comments:

bentonflocke said...

Girlie my heart and thoughts are with you - it´s a really beautifl post and I can imagine what you have felt in these days!

Your pictures are great and also your page is beautiful

merce said...

the pizza lunch was fun!! we all had a great time.

just that the next day brought more pain than the fun we had the day before.

merce said...

P.S.

pizza for lunch.. and what for breakfast? VODKA ICE. hahahaha