10 December 2009

WEEK 50: december 7...

there are a couple of things i want to share with you.
last week, isabelle has been coming home with this tiny little 'good points' card. she said her teacher gave it to her because she has been good in class. i didn't know where to put them. then when i found my small clips, we decided to put them all on our tower! so here they are...all four good points!

more or less i am done with wrapping gifts! i just have to check my list again if i covered everybody.... (which i think i am missing some people...grrr). anyway, i used elmo ang big bird to watch over the gifts. my kids were asking why they were there and i said i just want to put them as decorations too! and they gave me that face that spells 'w-h-y-?'...hahaha. sofia took them anyway and played with them.

i use newspaper to wrap some of the gifts. if i didn't get the store to wrap it, then i wrap them with newspaper and added some nice ribbons. i don't intend to buy gifts wrappers anymore.

and this one was given to us 2 years ago by the Sister of Carmel (in st. maur). one of the sisters made it!! sorry i forgot her name. she is really creative and she made this out of rocks!! this is the only nativity set i have.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you share this nativity set at my Nativity Set Blog Carnival 21 December - see you there!

Erika said...

So fun for Isabelle to get the good points-cards! And what a great idea to put them on display in the tower.

Wonderful idea to use newspaper to wrap the gift! That is both good to save money and save our planet. And it looks absolutely stunning with those lovely ribbons.

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining in and being first!

SquiggleMum said...

What a sweet, stone nativity set. I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Blue Creek Home said...

Lovely little stone Nativity. I enjoyed the whole post too.
Rhonda

Love Bears All Things said...

I enjoyed your post. It is a very unusual Nativity. I like the idea of using newspaper. I have used the funny papers but we read the paper on line now. I like using craft paper, too. My gift wrap is from fund raisers or else I buy the large rolls and it lasts forever plus I reuse the gift boxes and bags.
Mama Bear

Beth in NC said...

I came over from the nativity set blog hop. I love your ideas and the nativity set is precious!

Merry Christmas!
Beth

merce said...

kudos to bella for getting good points!!!


nice gifts. :) asan sakin?