25 October 2010

24 October 2010: DAY 297 (WEEK 43)

this day didn't start very well...i woke up at 6am..and could barely move!!! i felt intense pain from my neck and down my back. i wanted to just stay still but i needed to go to the bathroom...so i slowly moved my body to the edge of the bed and rolled off the bed making my legs fall first. oh it was really painful but i was able to get on my feet. i made it to the bathroom..then tried to go back to bed. i did get to lie down again but once i had my back on the bed..it was more painful to move again. i stayed still hoping that the pain would go away but it didn't work..with or without movement i was in pain. i tried to sleep but couldn't...i was thinking of calling my brother but it was too early...so i just waited hoping the time would move faster.
around 7am i decided to stand up again (by slowly fallling of the bed..). it was a bit easier and less painful standing up than when i am on the bed. (but it really took so much effort to stand up.) i waited and waited...when it was already 8am, i called my brother. they came and they brought me to the hospital.
i didn't forget to bring my camera to the ER...hehehe. and guess what time the doctor checked me... 1:30pm. it was a very very long wait.


so it was muscle spasm according to the doctor...they gave me a shot for inflammation and pain, and another tablet for pain.
after more than 4 hours in the hospital, we went home.


the shot and the medicine they gave me did make me feel a bit better... so time for party! it was ate mel's mother's birthday that day...but the party was for her and miggy as well (the youngest son of my brother). miggy's birthday is tomorrow.
in the photo: miggy, rafael, jason, paul and ej


in the photo: miggy, mommy mely, grace, isaiah, tita malu, ate mel and kuya ed



the birthday celebrants - mommy mely and miggs with sofia..hehehe



by the way, i would like to thank my nephew, paul (the second son of my brother) for taking care of rafael, grace, isabelle and sofia while we were in the hospital. thank you for cooking and serving them lunch. i really appreciate it... i love you, paul! thanks!

3 comments:

bentonflocke said...

poor Girlie! So sorry to hear about your painful morning!
Hope it´s better now!?

I can comprehend your pain - it´s the same situation, when I have it in my back.

My thoughts are with you
Take care

Donna G. said...

Oh, bless your heart, Girlie! That must have been really scary. If you're like me, your mind can conjure up all sorts of things that might be wrong. I'm so glad it was "only" a muscle spasm. PS. I HATE ERs, too!

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to setup a blog just like yours, can you tell me how you managed it?
I don't think it's up to anyone to judge what people's posts should be about. Why not allow everyone to just say what they want (in designated threads, ofcourse)?
In my humble opinion, there's a lot of B.S. on this topic all over the internet. How do I know you are not just trying to sell something?
How do people blog on other people's blogs? Can I guest post on your site, I have lots of interesting articles.

Ever stopped to think, and forgot to start again?